Saturday, June 03, 2006

what we gonna do about the youts?



This is lifted from a community safety pamphlet for the Aylesbury Estate in South London...the message is all about keeping kids on track so they don't fall into a life of crime...the picture...the gunfingers... well the irony doesn't need explaining.

I left my job yesterday in another part of South London - New Cross Gate almost three years I've spent working in a discreet neighbourhood awarded a stash of Government grants to turn it around. My part has been working with community groups and residents to try and help build more self suffiency...something loaded with difficulty, ideology and politics. I'm sure I'll reflect on this experience alot more now I've moved on, but for now i'll just say that this area and South East London generally is probably THE last remaining part of London

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home